Malta Citizenship by Investment (MIIP) is the first EU approved citizenship programme offering citizenship in a highly respected, politically and economically stable EU Member State. Citizenship obtained under this programme gives you the right to work and establish a business in all 28 EU countries. It also enables visa-free travel to more than 182 countries.
Prospera Europe Limited is an Accredited Agent of this Programme with Licence No: IIP090.
Malta Citizenship by Investement Programme application fees:
Malta has developed a four-tier due diligence process carried out directly by the responsible Government agency known as Identity Malta. All eligibility criteria must be satisfied in order for your application to proceed.
Furthermore, you and your dependents must show you are in good standing, and various background checks will be conducted to verify that you:
- have no criminal record
- are not currently the subject of a criminal investigation
- are not a potential security risk and/or risk to Malta’s reputation in the international community
- have never been denied a visa to a country with which Malta has visa-free travel
There are several benefits from Maltese citizenship
- Freedom of movement and residence in Malta and in all EU Members States (and Switzerland and some other countries)
- Right to establish a business in all EU member states
- Visa-free entry to more than 182 countries
- Benefits and privileges available to all EU citizens
- Malta accepts double and triple citizenship
- Clean criminal record
- Health Insurance, good health and absence of contagious diseases
- Non-refundable contribution of €650,000 and €25,000/ €50,000 for each family member
- Real estate in Malta: Rental of €16,000+ per year OR purchase of €350,000+
- Investment of €150,000 in approved government stocks
- Connection with Malta – minimum 1 year residence prior to receiving citizenship
Documents you will need
In order to apply for this programme, you must provide the following as originals or certified copies*:
- personal identity documents such as passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates etc
- police clearance certificate(s)
- a certificate from a reputable health system to prove you and your dependents are in good health and are in possession of a valid health insurance policy
- evidence that you and your dependents are fit and proper persons
- proof of the required financial contributions (receipts of payments)
- proof of compliance with the property requirement (deeds or lease agreements)
- any other documents that may be required from time to time by Identity Malta
- proof you have undertaken the Oath of Allegiance: all applicants aged 18 years and over are obliged to visit Malta in person to undertake the Oath of Allegiance
- an affidavit of support for each of your dependents over 18 years of age with the exception of your spouse
NB If you make a false representation, false statement or conceal any material fact, the application may be declined.
* If the original documents are in a language other than English, you will need to provide certified translations of the documents in English prepared by a professional translator and authorised by a licensed lawyer, notary public, Maltese consular or diplomatic officer, or a senior officer of the concessionaire.
Need more information or help?
Our professional team is always ready to help you resolve whatever questions you may have regarding our products and services.